Stay and Spend Scheme 

Here at the Pillo Hotel Ashbourne we know that 2020 hasn't been an ordinary year for many families, with many people having to cancel holidays and spend much of the year at home. Now that we are allowed to travel around Ireland we are happy to announce that we have signed up for the governments new stay and spend scheme. But what does this mean for you? We've answered all the frequently asked questions and how the stay and spend scheme can benefit you and your family in 2020 and 2021.

What is the stay and spend scheme?

The stay and spend scheme is a new tax incentive from the Government. It allows you to claim back tax spent in Hotels, bars and restaurants in Ireland from the first of October 2020 until the 30th of April 2021. 

How does the stay and spend incentive work?

To qualify you must check if a business is participating in the scheme. (Pillo Hotel Ashbourne and our sister hotel Celbridge Manor Hotel are) You can check participating businesses online here. 

In order to qualify you must spend a minimum of €25 in a single transaction and submit the receipt to revenue. 

You can submit receipts up to a total of €650, or €1250 for a jointly accessed married couple.

Revenue will then provide an income tax credit of up to €125 per person or up to €250 per jointly accessed married couple.

Where can I claim expenses?

You can claim expenses in:

- Failte Ireland registered accommodation including, Hotels, Guest Houses, B&B's, Self Catering, Caravan Parks, Camping Holidays and Camping Parks. 

- Food and non alcoholic drinks served in Restaurants, Cafe, Hotel & Pub

You don't need to be on a "Staycation" to avail of the scheme. You can claim in while using Hotels, Bars & Restaurants in your local area. 

What isn't included in the stay and spend scheme?

You can't claim for take away food, alcoholic drinks or non alcoholic drinks served with out food or amounts below €25

What do I need to Do?

You can make a claim in two stages:

- You can submit receipts to revenue via Revenue Receipts tracker

Or alternatively 

- Make an electronic claim for stay and spend credit through your tax return.

You can find out more about the stay and spend scheme here