- HOME l
- ROOMS l
- MEETINGS l
- OFFERS l
- DINING l
- WEDDINGS l
Explore the Boyne Valley with Boyne Valley tours and the Pillo Hotel Ashbourne. The Hotel is an ideal base for your trip to Meath, the heritage capital of Ireland. The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne is near to many of Meath’s famous heritage sites such as Newgrange, knowth and the Hill of Slane.
All the tours available can be fully customisable to suit you and, of course to accommodate the Irish weather!
Suggested Full Day Private Tour
• Pick up from The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne.
• Brú na Boinne Visitors Centre and Newgrange.
• Battle of the Boyne Site.
• Monasterboice Round Tower and High Crosses.
• Drogheda – 13th century Laurence’s Gate and Millmount.
• Hill of Tara – Seat of the Hill Kings of Ireland.
• Bective Abbey – Cistercian Abbey founded in 1150.
• Trim Castle – The largest Normal castle in Ireland.
• Return to The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne.
Tours can be customised to suit the interests of the traveller, the pickup point and the weather.
Alternative sites include:
• Megalithic sites: Knowth, Dowth, Loughcrew and Fourknocks.
• Slane Castle - 18th century castle on the River Boyne.
• Hill of Slane – Where St. Patrick lit the first paschal fire.
• Old Mellifont Abbey - Cistercian Abbey founded in 1142.
• Kells - Celtic Crosses, Round Tower, St. Columbkille's House.
• Tlachtga (Hill of Ward) site of the Great Fire Festival at Samhain.
• Rathmore Church - Built by Sir Thomas Plunkett in the 15th century.